Iconic R&B Historian, distinctive radio host, motivational speaker, and philanthropist Tyrone DuBose hails from Cincinnati, Ohio. Growing up wanting a career in entertainment, he began his lifelong pursuit in 1985, when he became the host for a television program in the South Bay area of Southern California.
Having a distinctive bass-baritone voice, DuBose quickly became a highly sought-after announcer for many events, phone auto-attendant for Fortune 500 companies and voiceovers for many national commercials. Like many great public personalities, mastering one art was not enough. Tyrone ventured into radio where he was heard live on air at KHWY-FM in Barstow California for over 7 years. This is where he began developing his on-air skills and working on his craft that would later open the doors for him to other radio stations across the nation and eventually television.
Because of his incredible knowledge of R&B history and the national R&B singles charts, DuBose created and host the radio program “Timeless Traxx”, a syndicated radio program that reaches over 40 stations and has went aboard to the International market in five countries.
On the show, DuBose counts down the top R&B songs in America according to the National R&B Charts. It includes six decades of artist in one show based on their peak position. In addition to hosting the radio show, he researches and writes each show based on the history of the song, along with giving the date the song enters the charts. The show is a smash hit, and Tyrone's years of experimenting with the format and approach keeps him consistently not only at the top of his industry, but with a program considered to be the fastest growing old school R&B countdown program in America.
Emerging from the show is “Do You Know”, an award-winning YouTube webisode series that gives fans a visual of the radio show, with trivia about history of R&B.
His extraordinary knowledge of R&B history landed him a job as a show contributor for the popular TV One program “UNSUNG”. UNSUNG is the acclaimed award-winning series of one-hour biographies that celebrates the lives and careers of successful artists or groups who, despite great talent, over the years have been under-recognized or under-appreciated.
On the show he shares unknown facts and commentary about legendary artist such as Martha Wash, Kashif, Hi-Five, The Manhattans and others. With admirable work ethics and determination to educate music lovers about behind the scene facts about their favorite artist, DuBose earned the title of R&B Historian after astonishing fans as well as producers with knowledge that took devotion and exploration to discover.
In 2017, DuBose was added on a trial run to the highly successful Sheryl Underwood radio program as a daily contributor as “America’s R&B Historian, with a segment called “A 60 Second moment in music history. During this segment, DuBose gives trivia, history, and chart information on musical artists from six different decades. The listening audience fell in love with the segment and in 2019, due to an overwhelming response from the fans, “A 60 second moment in music history” became a permanent part of Sheryl Underwood Radio show, the number one urban radio affiliated program in America. In 2018, he received the Lifetime Achievement Award from UVIEW Media Group in Los Angeles.
Achievements in Music Award for his radio show Timeless Traxx from the Black Music and Film Awards, being the first in the history of the Awards to win back to back for his R&B knowledge, and becoming the Official Voice of the Hollywood African Prestigious Awards.
2021 was a big year for Tyrone DuBose! As the year come to an end and the world continues to adjust to the difficult “new normal” of daily living since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, Americas Premier R&B Historian, Tyrone DuBose continues to keep his sight of his mission to empower, uplift, educate, encourage, and entertain fans all over the world.
In fact, the challenges faced seemed to have given Tyrone more clarity and determination which continues to prove his steadfastness of compassion and the key to the solid maintenance of his success.
Another year of big transitions did not change the love he has for the work he does and this year, he was recognized multiple times for all his contributions.
Here are some highlights of 2021 for Tyrone DuBose
· Released an Amazons Best Seller book, The Four Seasons of R&B- Top 10 Picks of Greatest Singers/Groups 1960-1990. The book reached NUMBER ONE on Amazons New Realeses twice!
· Featured on digital billboards in the greater Los Angeles area during BET weekend
· Received the Community Impact Award presented by The Orange County Heritage Council
· Named the Official Honoree of the 41stAnnual Orange County Black History Festival
· Starred in the hit stage play, “Black Dads”, which was performed at the Complex Theatre in Los Angeles, Ca
· Made history by becoming a 2x Hollywood African Prestigious Award (HAPA)
winner. Tyrone won for Best Lead Actor in the independent film, A Better Baltimore, Best Voice Over in Hollywood (the first person to ever win this category)
· Recipient of the 2021 Leadership & Legacy Awards, presented by Rosemary’s Babies Co., Cincinnati, Ohio
· Featured on the PBS network program “Everybody With Angela Williamson”
· Promoted to Associate Producer of the Sheryl Underwood Radio Show
· Featured on the cover of Indie Post magazine, April issue
· Named the official commercial voice of 1580am KBLA in Los Angeles / Tavis Smiley’s new radio station
· His award-winning series, Do You Know – A Moment in R&B History was picked up on its fourth TV Network
· He continued hosting star studded events, such as The Ultimate Denise Williams White Party and Soulful Sundays Live Concert series held at the Globe Theatre, Los Angeles.
Tyrone is the definition of perseverance, brilliance, innovator, and unstoppable. 2022 will only be bigger and better. Stay up to date with Tyrone by following him on all Social Media platforms at Tyrone_DuBose